Sunday, May 17, 2009


~CHOICES I MADE~


Now that I have almost ended my third year study in UM, as a medical student, I am so glad that I'm able to struggle through those torturing exam days. Looking back, I have never regret. Not even for a minute.


Because? This is my choice. I made it 3 years ago, and I love it, although it ain't easy.


Today, on the way back to Klang hostel, I had met 2 middle-aged ladies at the airport. Both of them seemed to be quite amazed when I revealed I'm a medical student. The first one is a grandmother, where she expressed herself being so envy of current education system in Kelantan where the competition is high, as seen through her grandchildren's studies. On the other hand, another lady who has married to an Indonesian Chinese businessman she met when she went US to study years ago, kept asking me the education system in local university as well as private college such as Taylor. She meant to send her only daughter to study here when she finish her O-level 2 years later. Well, she was quite rich, from the way she expressed herself. She's quite friendly though. Oh yeah, I am not boosting myself in the airport, but only upon asking by those 2 ladies mentioned above ;P


In addition, they also mentioned a bit on current hot biz H5N1 influenza which had invaded Malaysia 2 days ago, brought by a local student studying abroad in US. This is worrying everyone, everywhere. Yet, just like the headlines in NST, this is not deadly virus, yet people are so concern about it while on the other hand, the flu that is pandemic through out these few decades which killed more than 25,000 people per year globally are not being put as headline. Confusing huh? I guess so for most people. Plus, there is also an outbreak of meningitis in the west coast claiming few lives. Anyway, in short, all we have to do is maintain cleanliness: handwash, cooked properly, avoid too crowded area. Prevention is better than cure. Agree???


Back to topic: my choice, my study, my course, my life.


I will be completing 60% of my study after passing my "coming soon" Phase IIIA final examination in end of July. Genuinely, it is not hard, yet not easy. I think the same apply to all other courses like dentistry, pharmacy, engineering, architecture and so on. All we as students should do are putting our hearts into study, make ourselves love it and be hardworking. Everyone on earth is blessed with a brain and different level of intelligence(exception to those who are mentally retarded) . Hence, just make use of it. Once I make a decision, it meant a lot to me because it bother me especially its effects fore and after. But, in this case, choosing this course is cooL( to me...). Although it caused me to have insomnia and palpitation occasionally, I never lament or complain about it. I am gonna bear with it until the end of my life and the rest of my life. I believe my determination and will are sailing along with me these years as well as in the future. No regrets.


Just like everyone else, I am struggling. Aiming to graduate proudly and live my life! Year 2011 is coming soon and I am so so looking forward to it already.

No comments: